Evidence Meeting 10: Education and Research | Charities and NGOs
Tuesday, 25th June 2019 – 17:30-19:00
Evidence Meeting 10 – Education and Research | Charities and NGOs
Boothroyd Room, Portcullis House
Chaired by Damien Moore MP
Secretariat: Big Innovation Centre
Education and Research:
- Lisa Short, Director Mind Shifting, Z School
- Oner Avara, CEO, My Next Match
- Dr Maria Viglioteli, Director, GradBase
NGOs and Charities:
- Jens Albers, CEO of Decentrl and Advisor to Blockchain For Good
- Marco Robinson, Founder, FreedomX
The event started with opening remarks from our panel and opened up to an active Q&A.
The topic of this evidence meeting was Education and Research | Charities and NGOs.
Our panel was asked to explore the following questions for each topic:
Education and Research
- How can blockchain develop global networks for learning?
- Does Blockchain offer a model for the secure collection and sharing of all competency and education records?
- Can the Blockchain technology serve to aid/transform the peer academic review process?
- How can Blockchain impact the Sport activity?
Charities and NGOs
- How might Blockchain/DLT increase public trust and confidence in charities, promote legal compliance and improve management of the administration of charities?
- How might Blockchain improve confidence in effective use of charitable resources and the actual impact achieved?
- How might Blockchain help charities comply with regulations?
- How might Blockchain/DLT and the Internet of value support a more equitable distribution of wealth?
Full written overview will be uploaded soon.
Watch the full evidence meeting below (the session on The Next Generation Services begins at 59:30)