- This event has passed.
Evidence Meeting 12b: NATIONAL SECURITY AND DEFENCE – Digital Identity & How Blockchain can help in the time of COVID-19
April 8 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
The meeting is online via webinar: ACCESS HERE
All-Party Parliamentary Group on Blockchain (APPG Blockchain)
EVIDENCE SESSION: NATIONAL SECURITY AND DEFENCE – How can Blockchain help in the time of COVID-19?
On behalf of the APPG Blockchain Chair Martin Docherty-Hughes MP, and the Secretariat at Big Innovation Centre, we would like to invite you to our Evidence Meeting on Blockchain Applications – regulation, policy and strategy: NATIONAL SECURITY AND DEFENCE – How can Blockchain help in the time of COVID-19?
National Security and Defence (50mins)
Questions to inspire:
- Will digital identity create transparency that will minimise crime? What does it mean for anonymity and freedom? Does blockchain aid cybersecurity?
- How can Blockchain help in the time of COVID-19?
- Taavi Rõivas, Estonian MP & Former Prime Minister, Estonian Parliament
- Don Tapscott, Co-Founder & Executive Chairman, Blockchain Research Institute, Co-Author “Blockchain Revolution”
- Ángel Martín, Spanish representative in the “Policy” and “Technical” groups in the European Blockchain Partnership, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Digital Transformation
- Geoffrey Goodell, Senior Research Associate, UCL Centre of Excellence on Blockchain Technologies
- Marta Piekarska-Geater, Director of Ecosystem, Hyperledger
- Andrew Tobin, Managing Director EMEA, Evernym Inc
- Jonathan Levi, Founder HACERA & Unbound Network (Mipasa)